Pumpkin Spice Hummus
Pumpkin spice hummus is delicious and super easy to make. You can't even taste the chick peas. When it comes to feeding kids healthy foods sometimes you have to tell little white lies to make sure they are eating nutritious food. So, if you have picky eaters in your house, don't even mention that it is made from chick peas and chances are they will never know. Call it Halloween dip and they'll gobble it up without any complaints.
Chickpeas nutrition truly proves what an amazing superfood chickpeas really are!
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a great source of plant-based protein (14.5 grams per cup) and fiber, iron, zinc, phosphorus, B vitamins and more. With so many vitamins and nutrients, chickpeas benefit the body in a number of different ways. Here are the top six health benefits of chickpeas:
1. Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels
2. Increases Satiety and Helps with Weight Loss
3. Improves Digestion Thanks to a High Fiber Content
4. Helps Protect Against Heart Disease and Cancer
5. Provides Essential Vitamins and Minerals
6. Great Source of Plant-Based Protein
What are you waiting for? Try some today!
* 1 can organic garbonzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
* 1/2 cup canned 100% pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon coconut oil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
* 3 tablespoons water
Place all ingredients except water in food processor and turn on. Process about 1 minute, stop, and scrape down sides. Turn back on and add water 1 tablespoon at a time and process a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Taste, adjust spice, and add more water if needed.
Serve with sliced apples. This also makes a great sandwich with peanut butter.